 Space / 39285
    I am not a nazi. —Richie Dulin
   I am not a nazi. Let me say that again: I am not a nazi. I really do want to make that point clear in this post. I am not a nazi. Nor do I want to be a nazi. If you frequent LUGNET, you may have noticed a MOC (my own creation) that I posted to the (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate) !!

        Re: I am not a nazi. —Jamie Neufeld
     (...) Normally I keep my nose out of stuff like this, but I might throw my 2 cents in. I think your choice of "sub-theme" was simply a bad choice. The holocaust was a very dark time in our planet's history and there are people alive that are still (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: I am not a nazi. —Marco Tagliaferri
     (...) Hello Richie, i read the whole off your post (and previous about the half of the original thread). I agree to what Jamie wrote, you just choose a subject which is to overladed with emotions. In fact here in germany your MOC is illegal. When (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: I am not a nazi. —Leonard Hoffman
     (...) -snip- If you want to increase your skills as a space builder, here's my advice: 1. Stop building things that you know will get a shock value. A fighter with a crucified Christ on the top? A spaceship in the shape of a swastika with Hitler (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: I am not a nazi. —Allister McLaren
     (...) I wholeheartedly agree. Especially point 5. Cheers, Allister (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         A "me too" post, expanded —Lindsay Frederick Braun
     (...) Likewise, and furthermore, I'd point out that point #5 applies well to life in general. LFB the three-space-indent terror (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.space)

        Re: I am not a nazi. —Dave Schuler
     (...) Heck, don't make that your goal; *I* build space badly, and it's nothing to aspire to. Instead, you should try to learn to build space well! One piece of semi-serious advice that I can offer for a fledgling spacer is to attempt variations on (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: I am not a nazi. —Kyle McDonald
     (...) Right On Richie! I only read parts of this thread, mainly because of how vicious it got. But, I think you make a good point. Everyone needs to constantly listen and look in the mirror and see what the look and sound like. In my opinion, the (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: I am not a nazi. —Joe Meno
     (...) I would agree. I was VERY disappointed at the pelting Richie got. But then again, I know that Richie is a great pirate builder and was reminded here. As a result, I asked him to write up an article on his ships in BrickJournal. Because he's a (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: I am not a nazi. —Jean-Pascal Rignault
     Richie, I believe you're not a nazy. Can I try a little story? I am French, living in Taiwan. The first time I went to China, I brought back a cheap watch, on which you can see Mao waving his hand, as seconds pass. I thought it would make a nice (...) (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: I am not a nazi. —Erik Olson
     Excellent story. I'm going to make a spiffcraft and christen it Diego de Landa and see if I get hate mail. P.S. Frank Lloyd Wright-a-tron! (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: I am not a nazi. —Tony Alexander
     (...) Richie, You are not a nazi. This I believe. You meant to show something other than the impression many people got from your MOC - this too I believe, especially so after this last post. Before going further, please let me state that I've (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: I am not a nazi. —Nathan Wells
   Richie, I never accused you of being a Nazi, nor do I think you one. I want to be clear on that. I simply found your MOC tasteless and not funny. It spurred my hasty post calling for deletion. I regret that post, but I still feel you MOC was very (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)