 Space / 39291
Re: I am not a nazi.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:57:34 GMT

Richie Dulin wrote:

I am not a space nazi.

Or maybe my MOC is not saying “Well, if the Eastern Blok is acceptable, why not
the Space Nazis?” at all. Maybe the space nazis don’t really fly around in
anti-grav swastikas, perhaps they spend their time making others conform to
their will, say what they should, and think what they ought. Maybe there’s only
a symbolic relationship (shape, uniform and facial hair) between the Nazis of
the 1930’s and the Space Nazi’s of my MOC? What would a *real* space nazi look
like?

I remember an episode of The X-Files, where Mulder said “People think the devil
has horns and a tail. They're not used to looking for some kindly man who tells
you what you want to hear.” And I think people need to keep this in mind when
considering my MOC. What is characterised or stereotyped as evil is not
necessarily evil. So, to sum up, let me ask this – “Does a silly uniform, funny
moustache and a flying swastika for a ride a true space nazi make?”

I am not a nazi.

Do you know a nazi?

Are you a nazi?

Right On Richie!

I only read parts of this thread, mainly because of how vicious it got.

But, I think you make a good point. Everyone needs to constantly listen
and look in the mirror and see what the look and sound like.

In my opinion, the reaction you got resembled nazism more than your MOC did.

-Kyle