 Space / 39286
Re: I am not a nazi.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 06:20:32 GMT

In lugnet.space, Richie Dulin wrote:
   I am not a nazi.

Normally I keep my nose out of stuff like this, but I might throw my 2 cents in. I think your choice of “sub-theme” was simply a bad choice. The holocaust was a very dark time in our planet’s history and there are people alive that are still affected by it today, maybe even some that visit lugnet. I just think taking that and making a “joke” MOC was just a poor choice.

The fact that you want to try your hand at space and become better at it is awesome. Your sailing ships are cool and I would love to see that skill put into Spaceships. I just suggest building something along the lines of Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, Star Wars, Star Trek or Classic Space. But maybe lay off the “historical/present day fanatics bent on genecide” or “current religons” styled spaceships. You may just get a few more comments and help on your building style and not on your choice of theme.

I believe your not a Nazi.
I think you just made a poor choice that ruffled a few feathers.

Keep building space.

Jamie