 Space / 39287
Re: I am not a nazi.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:23:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, Richie Dulin wrote:
   I am not a nazi.

Do you know a nazi?

Are you a nazi?

Best regards

Richie Dulin (Not a nazi)

Please consider your FUT if replying.

Hello Richie,

i read the whole off your post (and previous about the half of the original thread).

I agree to what Jamie wrote, you just choose a subject which is to overladed with emotions. In fact here in germany your MOC is illegal. When I entered the original thread my emotions made me do this.

I stay to what I wrote then. I didn’t even look quite close onto your MOC. The theme just made me angry and sad.

Taking the mikey out of the nazis needs a lot of skill. Chaplin did it the best IMHO. But in “The Grand Dictator” (should be the english title) it’s obvious he’s doing a parody. This is because we know detail of the background. the film was done during the war time. It was part of the allied propaganda. So the meaning of everything shown can’t be missinterpreted.

I’m sorry, I didn’t know you up to this particular MOC mail so I took what I saw and read and this brought me to enter a thread with an off-topic statement for the first time.

It’s never good when “discussions” about anything get to the point where the point of topic gets lost and things are brought in like the pic you mentioned. I didn’t recognize none of the parts. Not your face and not hitlers body. I just thought what a pour montage.

So what’s the conclusion?

Don’t stop building!
Don’t stop posting on where ever you like to!
Just take care about the emotions your MOC may free far from the LugNET topics which should be (sometimes much more) LEGO related.

Keep building, keep posting
Marco

(I hope my english isn’t missleading)