 Space / 37872
Re: Putting downt the Riot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:31:59 GMT

   The quote wasn’t really a joke. There has been a good deal of talk (and smack) recently about repeating oneself design-wise, and I think I’ve been a little guilty of that. I don’t think the moc was lame, I just think I’ve done all I care to in the reich theme for a while. It’s not dead, just hybernating. Paul Brassington has picked up the torch and out-reiched me anyway, so I’ll leave him in charge of hippy opression for a while.

Keith, you crazy bastard! (That’s what I call the “straight forward smack”) Your stuff is freaking insanely unbelievable. It’s really two fold... on one hand you have these amazing large-scale, very detailed MOCs which people spend literally hundreds of hours examining photos of, and on the other hand your story lines are full of great smack and very enjoyable humour. The IR is simply good storytelling with fantastic models.

My son got me back into lego recently and both of us enjoy looking at your creations... I made a few things and decided that I do have a little time between being a father and running a business that an hour or two a night once in awhile is a good stress relief... ;-) The Fifth Conspiracy was born as a creative outlet to let others totally unknown to me have a good time with my setups and smack talk. From my horde of emails lately, I’d say it’s stirring up people’s input and creativity.

So, yeah I can handle the hippy oppression for a bit, but I and others look forward to your next creation. And as a personal opinion, maybe a massive MOC is a bit of a deterrent to your creative juices... I think everyone enjoyed the recent interior you did... I sure thought it was worth licking my screen for.

PS - I seriously think that if you & Paul Brassington teamed up, you could follow the Reverend’s path of ABS publication. Seriously. ... Having reread the posts here (and ones I missed previously), I see that the Reverend believes that you are learnig how to capture that “film still” moment. Give it some thought, Keith, give it some thought. And if you proceed, may i offer to design the book cover. :-D

Paul has a trifecta of social handicaps that would prevent such an unholy union: genital warts, halitosis and a mild case of terets syndrome. I might take a shot at a R.BPS style storyline, I’ve been kicking around some ideas for it.

Ah yes... I knew one day that someone would find out about my freaky genitalia... After all, it was all your mom’s doing. ;-)

I have some great sketches and dynamic ideas for action-based MOCs and you’re seriously more than welcome to them because I’d be honoured share them with someone talented enough to make them reality. But then again, maybe you think I’m a freak and on crack. Either way, I wouldn’t mind picking your brain...

Anywho, thanks for the kind words of sorts, I’ll catch ya later g.

Paul.