 Space / 37633
Re: Putting down the Riot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 01:44:40 GMT

In lugnet.space, Brian Cooper wrote:
   Snake Plissken? I thought he was dead.

I’ve always wondered why you create these fantastic elaborate Reich scenes but don’t really put them into motion. Building is just half the fun.

The hippy rioters need to riot. The police need to beat them senseless, then beat some sense back into them so they can beat them senseless again. Then the Scoops can pick them up and haul them off to the soylent trans-green factory, consternation camp, extreme dodgeball arena, etc. Did I mention they’d all be stripped naked down to their yellow plastic skin? I knew you’d like that.

I keep having visions of some Iron Reich Police Officers setting up a machine gun in front of the rioters.

   And those Separatists need to separate something, violently, with explosives. Or do they just smack talk and say what they’re going to do, rather than actually doing anything. They need to kick the Reich where it hurts, in the gears.

ps. I want pipes like that coming out of my house. No, I want to live in a bleak Reich housing unit, under a polluted sky.

I kind of imagine the Iron Reich housing units looking kind of like the appartment in The Fifth Element.

On to the actual creation. I really like this along with your other Iron Reich creations. The creations are really detailed. Almost everything in the creation seems to fit together how it would in real life. I always wonder what the storyline behind your creations are and what is going on certain pictures.

The idea behind the Iron Reich is almost a paradox. Iron Reich appears to a industrial, bleak world yet covered up by the bleakness is tons of detail. So the Iron Reich is both bleak and , well, unbleak at the same time. Or else I have had to much 8th grade litature with Mr. Coates.