 Space / 37864
Re: Putting downt the Riot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:56:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, Keith Goldman wrote:
   This is the usual boilerplate: walls, cops, a mech, a monorail, Black Seperatists, a canal, downtrodden masses and Snake Plissken (the Man sent him in).

Keith,

So yesterday morning i was finally able to go thru the pics at fullsize. Granted it took a good 45 minutes on our slow computer that uses dialup but it was worth it. ;-) Anyway, I hadn’t replied before now cause I didn’t think it appropriate having seen only thumbnails, and i didn’t want to add another “me too!” response (although this sort of falls under that, besides that it’s a repost from CSF; thought i’d be fair). Anywho, I wanted to comment that I think this Iron Reich creation is just awesome in its magnitude and attention to detail. Everything from the hypnotizzical tileage to the ventilation system (or whatever that rogue cop was going into; if i had paid attention i would have recalled that my answer had been given: “Yes, the cop in question is probably getting set to examine the corpse of a stripper, with a black light.” Fun stuff) to the little worker bot with the monkeywrench (that guy found a soft spot in my heart) is just excellent. Your amount of non-bley goodies is just sickening and your architectural style is one to be envied. As Jon Furman said:
   I like how “city of the future” [...] This would be an awesome place to visit.

Now I hope that the following:
   This could be it for the Reich for a while, its as stale as the bread your > mom buys on sale at the grocery store. Walls, canals, cops, yeah...even I think its lame.
was just joke, cause i mean, c’mon, i buy the fresh carbs and the remaining stuff the end of the day ain’t stale. You sure your mom was “buying” that bread and not supplying it with a bun from her own personal oven. ;-) (first attempt at smack as I’ve come to know it)

Alright, I look forward to your next IR manifestation. But you said here:
   [...] I’m itching to dismantle the thing and start on something new.
Nooooo. It would be too sweet to have Brad Hamilton’s Bricktopia in one part of a house and then “travel” (walk) to another “citystate” (room) and see all that is and was the Iron Reich.
Only in dreams...

In the meantime, kick some hippy ass (no offence to the lawyer who swindled you :P ).

- /-\ndrew

PS - I seriously think that if you & Paul Brassington teamed up, you could follow the Reverend’s path of ABS publication. Seriously. ... Having reread the posts here (and ones I missed previously), I see that the Reverend believes that you are learnig how to capture that “film still” moment. Give it some thought, Keith, give it some thought. And if you proceed, may i offer to design the book cover. :-D

PPS - I’m thinking i should create an account on MOCPages so as to keep more up-to-date....That, or just be more active in general.