 Space / 37871
Re: Pit of Despair - New MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:19:46 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Paul Brassington wrote:
   Yet another mayhem filled MOC - The Fifth Conspiracy Pit of Despair!

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/7148

Paul,

So yeah, I had a writeup for this nearly completed and ready to submit but then I had to go ready myself for a family thing and then our lousy dialup cut out. So here’s what I said again for the first time (Posted at CSF but I wanted to be fair ;-): I think this creation and sequence of events is a terrific addition to the Fifth Conspiracy happenings of late. Great build and execution (with regards to the design, not the actual bloodshed, although twas quite humorous) and attention to detail. Some things I really enjoyed were the reinvigorated Jean Claude van Damme and the wall-running Mr. Lee, which made me think of the character from Prince of Persia. Also, in the way that a spindly mech from Mr. Goldman is money, that gunship is bling blingin’, so to speak. (And I find it eerily cool that Kyle Vrieze thought the same thing independently and had the same difficulty wording it.) Anywho, it seems that you are developing a knack for capturing those “film still” moments and evolving in your usage of smack. Kudos.

Looking forward to the next iteration.

- /-\ndrew

PS - I suggested to Keith in my reply to him that if you and he teamed up I seriously believe you could develop something in the footsteps of the Reverend. However, you may want to read Keith’s response here: http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=37865