 Space / 37013
Re: Pinpoint--entry for the Military Hover Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 04:46:14 GMT

In lugnet.space, Erik Schroer wrote:
   Luckily, this is in the multi-man category or else my entry would be screwed. I’ll most likely be releasing as soon as I figure out how to take good pictures. Is there a tutorial anywhere for such?

Try searching on “photography tips” in Lugnet news. I can offer a few tips. Get some white paper for a background. Put plenty of light on the model, but realize that the bare flash on your camera will probably hurt more than it helps. I got a little tripod from a camera store in a mall for about $10 that helped tremendously. I find that editing my digital pics is a must. I downloaded the “GIMP” for free, and I think it works fine. Generally, I crop and scale the photos to the right size, then crank up both the brightness and contrast. I’m certainly no expert, however. My photo skills need a LOT of work, and there’s a bunch of other folks that post here that do truly beautiful work.

The Pinpoint is an awesome combination of colors, style, and power. I’ll have to agree with the others in saying that the tan and dkred were a good choice. My only problem is with the front gun turret, it looks too clunky. I envision a small fast moving turret. However, other than that this MOC is freakin’ awesome.

I have to chuckle at that comment, because I’m used to building mechs with really big weapons pods. As I was building the turret, I was a little uncomfortable with how small it was, but you’re right, it does look a little clunky on this gunship.

   Good luck in the contest!

Thanks, man! You too!