 Space / 36980
Re: Pinpoint--entry for the Military Hover Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 04:32:40 GMT

Hi Kyle,

Lovely hover ship! The bug shape works very well for a VTOL of some kind. I like the canopy design. I guess the angle you use for that is something difficult to make, and you made it look easy. I also like the plating around the engines, it gives a strong armored feeling.

Then about the color scheme: dark red + tan is one of my favorite combinations. Not easy to use because of the (lack of) piece availability in these 2 colors (but it didn’t seem to bother you!). The tan works better than greys with dark red: it’s more bright, it offers a better contrast. Light gray is too light, dark grey too dark (oh this really sounds stupid!), you can’t get the same contrast with greys.

Cheers,

JP.