 Space / 36991
Re: Pinpoint--entry for the Military Hover Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 03:44:09 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jean-Pascal Rignault wrote:
   Hi Kyle,

Lovely hover ship! The bug shape works very well for a VTOL of some kind. I like the canopy design. I guess the angle you use for that is something difficult to make, and you made it look easy. I also like the plating around the engines, it gives a strong armored feeling.

Then about the color scheme: dark red + tan is one of my favorite combinations. Not easy to use because of the (lack of) piece availability in these 2 colors (but it didn’t seem to bother you!). The tan works better than greys with dark red: it’s more bright, it offers a better contrast. Light gray is too light, dark grey too dark (oh this really sounds stupid!), you can’t get the same contrast with greys.

Cheers,

JP.

Thanks for the feedback! The entire front cowling is set at a downward angle using a pair of click-hinge bricks buried in the middle. It’s not too sturdy, but it provides enough headroom for the minifigs while letting the nose come to a sharp taper.

I see what you mean about the brightness of the tan working well with the dark red. Glad you liked the colors!