 Space / 36323
Re: Explorer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:15:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Jassim wrote:
   Greetings! At long last, I’m ready to post my latest creation!

Explorer is a long range science and research vessel with a crew of 8. Features include a shuttle/cargo bay, 2 storage rooms, crew quarters and bathrooms, 4 escape pods, a science/med lab, crew lounge/dining room, 2 airlock entries, and a spacious bridge. The ship is armed with a dual laser cannon for blasting space debris in it’s path.

The model is 141 studs long, 74 studs wide, and 24 bricks high and weighs about 30 lbs. It took me about 3 months to complete. I’d say the feature I’m most satisfied with is the floor of the main corridor. This was the first thing I built and it probably took the most time because I wanted every detail under the floor grating to have a realistic purpose.

Pictures currently absent from the gallery are single pics of the escape pods, a full birds-eye view of the interior, and a full view of the detailed underside. I will add a MOCpages gallery for Explorer as soon as I can.

Enjoy!

--Dan

P.S. Special thanks to Christopher Snead for hooking me up with a pristine landing pad a few years ago. Hey Chris, I finally used it! :)

Wow! Man, this is unbelievable! I drool for your spaceships! The floor of the main corridor - just brilliant! And that landing pad looks so much better in your Explorer than it did tooling around in my old Lego box :)

Your spacecrafts are to Lugnet.space what Brian Coopers gundams are to build.mecha...I only wish I had the skill and the resources to build something half as cool as this!

I’m going to have to check out more pics now...

Later, Chris