 Space / 36292
Re: Explorer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 04:27:48 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Simmons wrote:
After looking through this entire folder (I rarely do that because of
dial-up) I have to say that the balance in this model is fantastic!   The
exterior looks wonderfully aged in the beginning pictures and the greebling
is top-notch.  It has a very Battlestar Galactica (the
engines!)-crossed-with-Corellian Corvette feel with a dash of 2001.

Thanks! Yes, it does have that kind of look to it. Not sure it was all intended,
maybe subconsciously. But as I look at it more I am seeing those elements.
Weird.

Streamlined yet ultimately utilitarian in its essence.  I hadn't looked at
the interior before but WOW.  The cabling in the corridor flooring is
awesome.  As is the compact yet fully detailed layout of each room.  The
custom decals must be made available for purchase!  The one of the side
profile of the galaxy is tremendous!

Thanks again. The sticker graphics are located in my Artwork folder if you want
a closer look.

That's one of my most favorite tool bots I've ever seen.  The cargo
containers in the landing bay are wonderful too.  As is the worktable and
ALL the wall detailing.  The plants are fantastic!  I'm going to run out of
adjectives here!  I'll just list the awesomest stuff:

LOL!

The fences used as shelving AND the boxes are superb!

The med bay and dining area are wonderfully compact yet fully detailed!

The unobtrusive yet totally convincing photo editing for the last two
pictures!  Subtle, and yet they instantly work!

The most outstanding aspect though, is the quality of the photography.
You've obviously got a great set-up to be able to blast so much light at the
model.

Suprisingly, I really didn't use much lighting this time. I used some bounced
daylight and a 75 watt soft white lamp for the exterior pics. The interior pics
were all from a single 75 watt soft white lamp. I think it's the camera. I used
a Sony CD Mavica and it has a big Carl Zeiss glass lense. I think that made the
difference. When I took my Dragonstar pics, I used my cheap Kodak and I had all
kinds of lights going and it still wasn't enough.

Thanks for your kind words! :)

--Dan