 Space / 34097
Re: New MOC: Pirate Cruiser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 06:18:48 GMT

loving it! just enough studs to remind you that it's lego, bristling
with implements of unpleasantness... and I particularly like the tiny
cabin. it looks to me like there's the captain, his (her?) first mate,
and that's about it for crew, alternating 12 hour shifts at the helm.
it's like teh rest of the hull is stuffed to capacity with fire-control
systems, propulsion plants, ECM units, munition stores... all the fidly
bits, you see.

the main engine does seem a lil' unfinished to me, what with all the
detailing everywhere else, just the sort of gaping hole in the tail end
seems a bit out of place. but that's just me, maybe.

it doesn't strike me so much as a hijacker ship as it does a raider.
jumping into normal space over some unsuspecting PCS colony, unleashing
untold terajoules of destruction upon it, and slipping away before the
cry can be raised, leaving behind only a smoking glass crater.

well done, I say. well done.