 Space / 34450
Re: New MOC: Pirate Cruiser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:57:15 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kevin Heckel wrote:
   Hey Soren

Pardon me for waiting so long to post, I just had to see the thing in person before I gave my opinion about it. This is a great addition to your pirate theme, very sleek and well-turned. I really like the hull angling on the bottom end, and am trying hard not to give away the big secret as to how it’s held together.

Thank you.

   As for putting in grappling hooks like Mr. Rignault’s Mosquito, I would just throw one in to the fore and aft each, and only put in broadside-mounted hooks if you’re feeling especially adventurous.

I may just do that. I don’t know, I may save them for my current project.

   Grappling hooks in space would give me a headache, what with all the vectors and the tension load of the cable and so on and so forth...

Or you could go the Outlaw Star route, and use minimissiles with cables. Saves grappling hook parts too, but it doesn’t have the visual impact.

   The stability is what one might expect, not too fragile (but just fragile enough). I like the dark red in the colour scheme, it maybe hints at the, shall we say, diverse origins of the pirate-themed ships, heh heh. You should really get pics of it with the flags on.

I should. I need to get a group shot too.

   And mebbe some better underside shots, that’s tasty detailing that everyone’s missing out on.

If you’ll hold it up, I’ll get better shots.

   I’ll be waiting for you to build a nice big pirate carrier!

Don’t hold your breath. Although, I did find a new source of used parts...

   Kevin

PS- You so got me hooked on Gunslinger Girl, you fiend!

Just wait till you get to the really depressing part.

Soren