 Space / 34089
Re: New MOC: Pirate Cruiser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 01:56:02 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jean-Pascal Rignault wrote:
   Wow, Soren, I just saw it on brickshelf, and I want the same! This ship is pure goodness!

(Blush)

   Smooth, studless, but it doesn’t look like it was “forced” to be this way. I love the color scheme, the way colors are found on the ship : some bits of yellow (very nice color / way you did these yellow greebles : very easy to see, an inovative way to hilight these details), the white front section, and the dark red, new comer in your pirate theme.

Thank you. It took a long time but I think it was worthwhile.

   Then inside, what a cockpit / pilot area! The best detail IMO is the step at 45deg., it looks really new to me. The whole ship looks so clean, I think I’ll find some time to go back and study it some more!

Thanks. I went to a lot of trouble to get the look right, I’m glad you like it. The step was almost taken out at one point, good thing I left it in eh?

   About the name, “Lying Bastard”, is it because from its shape and size, you can’t really say it’s minifig scale or micro scale?

Partially. Also for the sheer volume of ECM/comm gear it carries. I bet with all that signal gear it could go straight through a PCS fleet and not be noticed.

   The 2 last pics : are they missiles or gun shots of some kind? I think it’s the first time I see a Lego weapon I like. Soren because of you soon I’ll have to try and design some weapons :-( you’re bad!

Evil is the word you’re looking for. They’re missiles, and I’m glad you like them. I wanted to put them in launch tubes but nothing I came up with worked with the rest of the design.

   In a few words : honestly one of the best MOC I ever saw! Bravo!

(Harder blush)

   I’m sure I can find some room for it on one shelf at my place...

Oh no you can’t :). It’s mine baby, even if I practically have to sleep with it.

Soren