 Space / 3376
Re: Moonbase! Need Help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 20:29:58 GMT

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 14:17:12 GMT, "George Haberberger"
<George.Haberberger@usa.xerox.com> wrote:

In lugnet.space, Ran Talbott writes:
In lugnet.space, Michael Camilleri writes:

Instead of useing one big building I would make it many domes with tunnels
connecting them. I would use technic to build support structure.

That's pretty much what I would do,  too.  Although one problem is that a lot
(most?) of the structure of a *Lunar* base would be underground:  a Mars base
might be easier,  since I would expect most of it to be on the surface.

I think a Mars base would be mostly underground too, as you wouldn't get much
protection from radiation with Mars' thin atmosphere. At least, when I get
enough free time to build my Mars base, it will be either mostly underground,
or built into a cliff face.

I'm shamelessly ripping off Robinson's Mars trilogy here.

George

The domes could be shielded fromradation, like a astronaught's helmet.