 Space / 3295
Re: Moonbase! Need Help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 13:00:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Rick Hallman writes:
I feel dumb responding to my own post

You shouldn't:  the whole idea of threading is to tie information together.
Regardless of where the new input comes from.

but i have a rendering of what
*basicly* i want it to look like.

I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself here.  As someone else has
pointed out,  you need to have a clear idea of what it's for before you can
really design it.

My suggestion:  write down some of the story surrounding the base.  Is it a
military installation?  Is it the only base on the Moon,  or one of many?  You
mentioned "infiltrators" in one of your postings.  Is the world at war?  Are
they crooks trying to hijack the base for a ransom?

Having a sort of "tour brochure" will impress the judges,  and help you keep
on track as you design and build it.  Plus,  the suggestions you get from
people are much more likely to be useful,  if they have an idea of what your
goal is.

Ran