 Space / 32498
Re: That old set FEELING...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:42:37 GMT

Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:

Yesterday I opened a MISB 6929 Starfleet Voyager and build it. The build
took surprisingly long time, but it was worth every minute of it. There
was a FEELING building this classic, seeing it grow in front of your eyes,
that I just don't get building a recent set - none of the Star Wars sets
had this special quality, that I just can't explain.

Am I the only one having it like this? Does anybody have a better word for
this?

Same feeling here usually. When I started collection in 1998 again, after my
dark ages, I started with collecting Town sets. I remember obtaining some
early 1980's town sets such as the post office, 6382 fire station and such.
All sets I never could afford and now I could finally realize my childhood
dreams. Such a great feeling, building sets like that. The way they were
designed, the parts used. Made me feel like back in those days again.

The funny thing is I tend to still use some of those techniques in my own
MOC's these days (leaving one side open to play or make it hinge like in
the Blacksmit shop or 376)

Keeps making me wish TLC would bring back such designs (and since they
already did Main Street I have high hopes)
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
Brick Piles          | Santa Fe B-unit