 Space / 29175
Re: Delurking and New MOC "StarBrewer 1"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:13:17 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeff Findley wrote:

I’m not sure you need many building tips. That’s a really nice MOC. I like the looks of the tanks underneath; they’re a very nice functional detail. I also like the lunar base compatible docking connections on the sides. The way that the outer doors seal and conceal the docking ports is very creative (especially with the guns mounted on them).

Thank you, you are to kind. (you’re making me blush, he, he)

I started this about the same time the moonbase standards were created and I wanted to be the first to create a ship that could dock with it. (woo hoo, little late huh?) As for the doors, they originally were gull wing style, these just worked out better. The turrets I had a rough time with. I wanted something low profile. I’m not that pleased with them, but this is the best I could come up with. (any suggestions?)

   The cockpit and controls are nicely done as well. the 1x2 plates with decorations that are mounted vertically are well done. How are those held up? The pictures are hard to make out that detail, likely because the pieces there are black (black Lego is very hard to “shoot”).

The one closest to the pilot is a 1 x 1 tile with clip and the farthest is a 1 x 1 tile with clip and 1 x 1 plate round.

Thanks again

-Captain John “aka Mark Mueller”
Founder and Chairman of StarBrew Brewing Co.