 Space / 27380
Re: .Space MOC/idea repository concept for discussion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 06:26:52 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tom Sciortino wrote:

"Paul Baulch" <paul.baulch@SPAMLESSatari.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.space, James Wilson wrote:

So, I think .Space should set up a {permanent} repository of {permanent}
links to Space creations.  To me, the logical place to store the pics is
Brickshelf (or MOCPages ?), and the links should be "deep links."  When an
item gets submitted to the yet-to-be-named link gallery, the folder structure
for the MOC should be permanent, so that someone would be able to find it 4
years from now at the same place.¬

This idea sound almost exactly like Jon Palmer's {Galactic Shipyard}
<http://the-shipyard.com/>¬ It hasn't been updated in an while, though.

Cheers,

<http://www.lugnet.com/~164/sci-fi/<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pbaulc
h/Icons/scifisig.jpg>
Sci-Fi LEGO>

Except that there are two important things missing: The Shipyard seems to be
dedicated to nothing smaller than a "heavy fighter" and also, the pictures
are only linked and not stored on the server.  Which is too bad because I
really wanted to see what that Cygnus1 fighter looked like in detail but the
link is broken.

It would be awesome if someone did do this, though.  Webspace is the only
thing I could see becoming a problem.

-- Tom

http://www.zemi.net/lego/cyg1/
We just need to finish the new shipyard, and keep up the links.

Kyle
http://lego.kepplah.com