 Space / 27352
Re: .Space MOC/idea repository concept for discussion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:32:42 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mike Petrucelli wrote:

   Perhaps “permanently available” is too much, then. But I think that “available as long as Brickshelf (or LUGNet) exists” is probably good enough. Let’s face it, if Brickshelf dissolves (without notice, especially), whether this proposed MOC catalog works or not is probably the least of everyone’s concerns. Unless every Brickshelf poster has backup copies of their pics somewhere else...

You don’t keep backup copies?! I must be misinterpreting you here because I find it baffling that someone would not keep backup copies of their MOC pics.

-Mike Petrucelli

I keep copies of everything. But, working in IT for over 15 years now, I find that I’m in the miniscule minority. “You mean you meant it when you said I should back up my stuff?” If only I had a nickel for every time I heard that...
James