 Space / 27373
Re: .Space MOC/idea repository concept for discussion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:28:07 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Laswell wrote:
   Am I the only one who sees the inherent flaw in this idea? If the links aren’t permanently tied to the images through LUGNET, what makes you think they’ll be any better on another website?

I agree. What I think we need is a dedicated computer, with immense storage capability. Most websites have limits of the amount of MBs you take up, and if you’ve ever looked at how many Brickshelf galleries are LEGO space, you’d know how quickly we’d run out of space on any conventional web-hosting acocunt.

A dedicated Web server would also have many other benefits, including no pop-ups (unless you put them there) a domain name, easy-to-access file organization and sorting, and etc. To overcome the problem of copyright violation, we could simply ask permission from the owners of the pictures, and if they wanted the pictures removed (which would likely be an infrequent occurance) they could simply email the curators/managers of the site.

Curt Tigges

Supreme Commander of Starforce

www.commandercurt.net/UnitedLFWEB