 Space / 26370
Re: F-2 Bat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:53:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, Dave Schuler wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Anthony Sava wrote:

   So it seems to me, the far cheapest option would be to have individual air locks and small bays for the ships to attach to.

If we’re talking about small fighters, might it be cheaper to have your pilots wear evac suits in a non-pressurized landing bay? • snip Dave!

If you will remember, the standard TIE fighter pilot had to wear and EVA suit during the entire flight. Most SW tech manuals that cover this small fighter point out that to make it cheap and fast, it has NO environmental systems what-so-ever.

You don your suit and helmet, float out to the fighter, climb in (or on) and shoot things!

Aaron Sneary