 Space / 26359
Re: F-2 Bat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:48:23 GMT

In lugnet.space, Anthony Sava wrote:

So it seems to me, the far {cheapest} option would be to have individual air
locks and small bays for the ships to attach to.

  If we're talking about small fighters, might it be cheaper to have your pilots
wear evac suits in a non-pressurized landing bay?  Entry to the bay could be
through a single airlock, and the individual ships could be moored or clamped
into place by whatever mechanism is favored.  Ships could even be kept in a huge
"file-drawer" storage locker and only rolled out for flights.  They could even
be put into a secondary launch bay, I guess.
  I suppose that this wouldn't be a good system for large-capacity passenger or
freight vessels, but it might solve part of the problem.

     Dave!