 Space / 24124
Re: It's a Mech...It's a plane...It's, uh, both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 23:36:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Stuart Immonen wrote:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Adrian Drake wrote:
Transformers, more than meets the eye...
Transformers, robots in disguise.

Okay, so it's not an actual for real Transformer from the TV show, but hey,
it's nifty enough.

Better, I'd wager! Adrian, this is a super-fantastic transforming mech,
definitely in the tradition of the Transformers and Robotech, but wholly
unique.

Thanks, I really enjoyed building it.  Unfortunately, I'm pushing the limits of
my grey hinge collection, so the next one I build (and there WILL be a next one)
will have to be some other color majority.

It would be an accomplishment just to have created either one or the other of
the transforming modes, but to have both in one model is quite incredible!

The two modes did turn out surprisingly well.  Even with the scrawny arms :)

and the hands from Stuart Immonen's latest mech (though I'm not sure he
created it, but he most recently used it)

Thanks for the nod! The use of revolvers for fingers is not my idea -- I
believe <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=kerouac Ryoichi
Takagaki> was the first with these:

Your variation suits (in both modes) your model well!

I had the hardest time finding a place to stash those hands once I'd decided to
use the revolvers.  I spent 4 days working on the arms alone, with different
hand designs, different transformation locations, etc. It was really quite
maddening!

I'm glad the result has proven suitable :)

Adrian
--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com