 Space / 24076
Re: It's a Mech...It's a plane...It's, uh, both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 04:28:05 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Adrian Drake wrote:
Transformers, more than meets the eye...
Transformers, robots in disguise.

Okay, so it's not an actual for real Transformer from the TV show, but hey, it's
nifty enough.  Presenting for your perusal, Talisaro.

http://www.brickfrenzy.com/space_talisaro.html

SNIP

Enjoy!

Adrian

I like the bulk of the torso & legs; the arms may be a little thin, but not that
bad.  on a bit off-Lego-topic is the general observation that all the
transformers i've seen here on Lugnet have used major vehicle body parts for
mech body parts; they don't just fold the shell of the vehicle onto the back of
the bot form so the bot body can be sculpted like this example of Armada's Red
Alert:
http://www.transformers.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.9034/dn/default.cfm

a massive part of the body is simply folded onto 'his' back revealing
sculpted/scrawny legs.  I don't like it.  a windshield here, or small panel/wing
there is o.k., just not the major body parts like that example.  I know the
original (G1) decepticon jets had both wings folded to either side of their
robot body, but the wings were relatively secondary in mass & it made for the
effect like the robot had wings too; the decepticons could fly, so it made sense
and it looked cool.

anyways, cool transformer-the wings on the bot look wicked cool like the G1
tranformers too.  I'm partial to the flying/sleek ones.

Jeff