 Space / 24078
Re: It's a Mech...It's a plane...It's, uh, both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 09:21:31 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Adrian Drake wrote:
Transformers, more than meets the eye...
Transformers, robots in disguise.

Okay, so it's not an actual for real Transformer from the TV show, but hey, it's
nifty enough.  Presenting for your perusal, Talisaro.

http://www.brickfrenzy.com/space_talisaro.html

Inspired by Paul D'Urbano's transformer:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=1100

and the hands from Stuart Immonen's latest mech (though I'm not sure he created
it, but he most recently used it)

I had to build something that went from bot to something and back.  It's been a
while since I built a transformer, and I think they're much more challenging
then straight mecha to build and still have them look good.  The head I'm still
annoyed at the way it's not properly obscured in jet mode, and the arms are a
little scrawny, and it's awfully flimsy and cranky to transform, but I love it
all the same.

Enjoy!

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Wow, that looks great!  I'm amazed at how much detail you packed into it while
keeping it at microfig scale.  If I tried to get that much detail and
possability into a transforming jet I think it would end up being 20-wide (just
the fuselage, not counting wing span)!  You're the one who's inspiring.

Fantastic!
-Paul D.