 Space / 23769
Re: Candiru
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 17:30:03 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch writes:

Nice - a cute design that belies its dangerous nature. I feel that it needs
more of a tail, though. Lack of a tail makes it look unbalanced to me.

Interesting you should say that. My original sketch from which this was built
had a bit of a tail on it. Maybe I'll try adding one and see how it looks.

So how long were Joel and yourself working on this? Were you building while
staying together, or did you do something crazy like plan & build bits
separately and bring them together later? It certainly sounds like a
creatively stimulating idea.

Joel came to my house on a Saturday, we built for about 8-10 hours, he crashed
at my place, and on Sunday we built for about another 4-5 hours. I put about
another 4 hours of finishing touches on it after that.

I enjoy building collaborative MOCs. It's fun to work with the other person,
and sometimes if you get stuck, the other person can make suggestions that send
you off in a new direction. I find that Joel's building style is complementary
enough to mine that this creation worked out very well.

~Grand Admiral