 Space / 23764
Re: Candiru
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 07:44:11 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Hi everyone,

About two months ago, I built this MOC with Joel Kuester. I have been holding
it until fleebnork.com debut, but my server is lame and won't allow the website
code to work. So I'm just going to post here so you guys can check it out.

This is the Candiru, a smuggler ship. It has an internal smuggling compartment,
and hidden weapons.

Photos number 1-20

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sortafast/Spacecraft/candiru/candiru01.jpg

After moderation:

Enjoy.

~Grand Admiral

I was particularly intriqued by the tilted cockpit and the overall form. I
can't say enough good things about that canted cockpit design! The details
are great and the color scheme is nice. I'm curious, did you try leveling
out the pilots seats for atmospheric landings and takeoffs? I like the
position of the saucer like quadrant pieces near the aft of the ship. I feel
the bi-pedal landing gear makes the craft appear to much like some kind of
ground bird. Did you consider a tricycle layout? Overall an impressive moc.
Sincerely, Ryan