 Space / 23754
Re: taking good photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 18 May 2003 03:19:31 GMT

In lugnet.space, John R. Beck writes:
Hello Spacers,

I'm experiencing mounting frustration with uploading quality images of my
lego creation.  I've got a kodak digital camera that takes great photos.  It
looks great when I download it from the camera into the software viewer.
But when uploaded to brickshelf it's huge and fuzzy.  Someone in this
newsgroup once told me to modify the picture size on my camera.  But I only
have such settings as "best, better, good".  The "best" ones were huge and
fuzzy.  When I switched to "good" hoping to reduce the size of the jpg it
just turned out huge and fuzzier...any ideas?

John

Ahh, digital frustration.  I have the same problems with my camera.  ALWAYS
use the Best setting, and try to get a photo editing program that allows you
to right-size the picture.  The pictures usually become 'huge' because
Windows picture preview (and other picture programs) simply enlarge the
pixels to fit the screen, no matter what res you get.  Fixing the size works
best for me.  Also, try to use digital zoom and focusing options whenever
possible.

Hope this helps
Ry out
BTW- I have an SP-1300 SiPix digicam, 1.3 megapixels, with a 56 meg flash
memory card.  Works pretty good.