 Space / 2373
Re: Mark's Lego Creations Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 16:31:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Hi Everyone,

I just finished putting the finishing touches on my latest website update.

<snip ... /snip>

LMKWYT!

~Mark

www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego

Mark,

I think those are some of the finest Lego spacecraft I've ever seen.  I haven't
had a chance to visit the rest of the sections, because I'm still going through
every picture in the spacecraft section!

Let's see - some scattered thoughts:

The OAV is wonderful; I think I'll build me one when I get home.  The engine
pods and cockpit on the Lightning Jack are outstanding, even amongst your own
stuff.  The folding computer on the bounty hunter ship, and the control panels
on the bridge on the battleship and the OAV are *very* nice.  I could go on.  I
may well do so.

Some questions:

* What background and software did you use to "bluescreen" the models?

* Just how long is that battleship, anyway?  4 feet?

* How much interior detail is there in the battleship; do you have mess halls,
med bays, etc?

* Any chance you could give more detailed LDraw or pictoral assembly shots of
some of the most interesting features? (The swing-away computer, the engines,
etc.)

Y'know, I've just finished a 7' x 3' medieval wargaming layout, and I think I'm
gonna drop that and go build some starships tonight :)  Sigh.

Bravo!  Encore!

Jeff Elliott