 Space / 2375
Re: Mark's Lego Creations Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 17:12:02 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeff Elliott writes:

Mark,

I think those are some of the finest Lego spacecraft I've ever seen.  I • haven't
had a chance to visit the rest of the sections, because I'm still going • through
every picture in the spacecraft section!

Aw, thanks. I do my best.

Let's see - some scattered thoughts:

The OAV is wonderful; I think I'll build me one when I get home.  The • engine
pods and cockpit on the Lightning Jack are outstanding, even amongst • your own
stuff.  The folding computer on the bounty hunter ship, and the control • panels
on the bridge on the battleship and the OAV are *very* nice.  I could go • on.  I
may well do so.

I have to credit Pat Justison for the cockpit on the Lightnin' Jack. He used
a similar design on his Blacktron Lander, and I borrowed from him.
Thanks Pat!

Some questions:

* What background and software did you use to "bluescreen" the
models?

I got photos from various NASA websites, and I used Photoshop (mainly
using the Path tool) to cut-out the pics.

* Just how long is that battleship, anyway?  4 feet?

3 feet, 9 1/2 inches.

* How much interior detail is there in the battleship; do you have mess • halls,
med bays, etc?

No, what you see is what I got. I'd have liked to build more, but that used
almost all my bricks, and I didn't want to "rainbow" it.

* Any chance you could give more detailed LDraw or pictoral assembly • shots of
some of the most interesting features? (The swing-away computer, the • engines,
etc.)

No. I don't use any of the LDraw programs because I have limited time
and I'd rather spend it building something in RL. Sorry.

Y'know, I've just finished a 7' x 3' medieval wargaming layout, and I think • I'm
gonna drop that and go build some starships tonight :)  Sigh.

Heh, I'm glad I could inspire you. That's a big compliment to me. Try
copying one of your favorite spaceships and throwing in some personal
touches.

Good luck!

~Mark

Bravo!  Encore!