 Space / 2379
Re: Mark's Lego Creations Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 18:44:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, Dave Johann writes:
Mark,
Everytime any one of us pushes the envelope in regards to building • style,
you come up behind us in a rocket powered craft and knock us right off • the
course, redefining the envelope in the process.

Aw, jeez, you guys are gonna give me a big head.

The Lightning Jack might be the most impressive craft I've every seen • due
to it's subtle use of 'useless' pieces. Tan in a spaceship design? Who • would
have come up with that besides you? I love the way you utilize the UFO • saucer
sections. I almost didn't recognize them. One question though, are they • grey?
They look white in those pics.

No, it's just the flash. I like using Tan as an accent color or as a
"discolored" panel like you'd see on Star Wars spaceships. It actually
doesn't look bad next to gray. I tried to use it in this instance to make it
look as if the pirates had added a larger reactor. If I had tan 1/4 saucers,
I'd have made one of the engines "discolored." Gotta get an ATT.

The motoTEK Shiva is a work of art. You've hidden things quite well in • that
pic. So well in fact, that I didn't even recognize one of my favorite parts! • An
excellent job on this one. I'm particularly fond of the 'no-studs' look. Very
tough to achieve, but you pulled it off.

Thanks! Which part are you referring to? I obvoiusly modeled this
motorcycle after the one in Akira.

Lastly, The Payback. What can I say that the pictures don't? You've
captured the verry essence of a bounty hunter craft. The hidden • computer system
is a nice touch that will probably be incorporated into many other • designs as
time moves on.

Yeah, I was trying to figure out how to clear the walkway through the front
of the ship. I tinkered with some hinges until I came up with a
combination of a 2x2 turntable and a couple of 1x4 hinges. Maybe I'll pull
that thing out and take another photo of just the hinge assembly.

I can't wait to see what you come up with next. How about a modular • space
station?

My friend Erik and I were discussing making an orbital shipyard. We shall
see.  :^)

~M

-Dave
http://www.jps.net/hardcore/lego/