 Space / 22450
Re: MOC: Gunstar from "The Last Starfighter"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 05:26:45 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Simmons writes:
"Greetings Starfighter!  You have been recruited by the Star League to
defend the Frontier against Xur and the Kodan armada!"

Dave-

Great model, easily recognizable.

By coincidence, we played the DVD for the first time in years the same night
you posted your announcement.

True story: Atari actually built an arcade game that looked like and played
like the one in the movie. I should know, I designed the hardware, Atari's
first 3D hardware system, and closely supported the software team at Atari
the implemented the game play. Unfortunately, the movie did not perform well
enough for Atari to make the large payment that would have been required to
release the game and they just "ate" the $1M invested to that point instead.

-Ted