 Space / 22395
Re: MOC: Gunstar from "The Last Starfighter"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 06:53:53 GMT

Hi Adrian!

"Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.space, David Simmons writes:
"Greetings Starfighter!  You have been recruited by the Star League to
defend the Frontier against Xur and the Kodan armada!"

http://www.xenobuzz.com/MyLegoCreations/Gunstar.htm

I also have a page with pictures of the project from start to the first
rough version of the ship.

http://www.xenobuzz.com/MyLegoCreations/Genesis%20of%20Gunstar.htm

Additionally, a couple little robot pics here:

http://www.xenobuzz.com/MyLegoCreations/Odds%20&%20Ends.htm

Comments deeply appreciated!

Dave

Seriously cool.  I love the "making of" pics.  That's always a great • feature to
show people the way stuff goes together.  I'd do that more often myself, • but
the way that I build (in huge stretches of time, usually til 2 or 3 in the
morning) doesn't lend itself well to pauses for picture taking, especially • on
space stuff.

I'm with ya brother!  There were a few weekends there where I got less sleep
than I do when I'm working!

The way that the plates all come together to form the wings is great. • It's
tough to model a complex 3 dimensional shape that way, and I admire the • job you
did making it work.

Many thanks!  It was tough, but what a surge of pride and joy when it all
came together!

Dave

Adrian
--