 Space / 22363
Re: MOC: Gunstar from "The Last Starfighter"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 06:40:44 GMT

"Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.space, David Simmons writes:
"Greetings Starfighter!  You have been recruited by the Star League to
defend the Frontier against Xur and the Kodan armada!"

http://www.xenobuzz.com/MyLegoCreations/Gunstar.htm

Cool. Much more accurate to scale than my version. The hoses, while doing • a
good job of mimicking the canopy shape, end up looking a little too airy,
IMO.

Yeah, they don't look as firm as bricks, but I couldn't think of a better
solution that would be as slender.  The canopy IS pretty airy, it's just
that in the movie, you don't notice it because the glass is very dark and
you can't see through it.

Does it have landing gears? I tried really hard to make them on my small
version, but it just didn't work out. Anything large enough to support the
weight ended up being too big and bulky.

The landing gear modules are there, but don't think there's any combination
of Technic parts that could this monster up.  I think it weighs at least 15
pounds since it's heavier than my cat!

Thanks for showing us your pics. :)

Always a pleasure!

Dave