 Space / 20286
Re: Throwing one out to the .space peeps
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 05:19:33 GMT

In lugnet.space, John P. Henderson writes:
In lugnet.space, Brad Mittelstedt writes:

Bottom Line?  The technological revolution delivering us the internet and
publishing tools (digital camera, scanner, etc) has brought about an evolution
in the construction and displaying of LEGO models.

I would add that this ability to digitally store images of our MOCs also
makes it less painful to dismantle them.  Once a MOC has been well
documented, the builder can feel more inclined to use its pieces for a newer
design, because the first MOC still exists in picture form.  This allows
AFOLs with collections of any size (even comparitively small ones) to build
any number of models without truly losing the old ones.

Very true.  Take me, for example:  A few months ago I built a model I lamely
named 'Rust Wing Fighter'  The overall shape and color scheme was very
crappy, but the wings of the craft were super cool.  So I took pics and tore
apart the model immediately.  The pics were ignored for awhile, tucked away
in my HD.  But tonight, while working another super cool ship, I decided the
wings from my Rust Wing Fighter would look great on the new ship.  I
uploaded the old pics and I was able to rebuild the wings.  The ship is not
complete yet, but it should be done in a few days.

Nathan Wells