 Space / 20279
Re: Throwing one out to the .space peeps
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 02:53:09 GMT

So many excellent points in the responses thus far.

I hadn't even thought of the effect of digital photography, website software
and CAD programs that help out those of us with smaller collections,
allowing a cannon of work to be created and displayed at once.  This is
really an innovation to be sure.

Through the greater sharing and mutual support Larry spoke of, I can easily
make the connection to the spreading of more advanced techniques, such as
SNOT and non-linear forms.  When spurred on by friendly competition, I
imagine this is accelerated even farther.  Of course, this can be seen
across all themes - I'm thinking of that east Asian series done by a
Japanese fan....looks like a Hiroshige print come to brick.  Apologies as
the name escapes me.

Combine all this with the impact that anime has had on western sci-fi, it
only makes sense that it would trickle down into our designs as well.

I'm sure there's lots more to plumb....anyone else have some pearls to share?

Great interchanges like this make me miss university even more.

Cheers,
-G