 Space / 19387
  Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

Hello all, I've finished a few new MOCs, and after I wrestled with the computor for a few hours, they are finally up. A futuristic mail truck: (URL) Skystreak: (URL) my December 2002 Bot Odyssey: (thanks for the idea, Jon!) (URL) and don't be afraid (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

(...) postal bots are! (...) like your weapons they have a realistic look to them. However, if it is built to fight its light armament would not fare to well against your "big ole laser cannon bot". :) (...) \\//,DedmanWalkin (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

(...) Shh... That's top secret! :) You never know what those bots do in their spare time... (...) Yeah, well... Hey, big ole laser cannon bots have to do something... :) (...) Thanks! The Really Primitive Naming System(tm) is fun to think up, and (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

Wow, JHK!! Some very nice models there! My favorite is decidedly the Skystreak, and my favorite picture of that is the second one on the top... Really a great shot, I think. I really like how the two 'arms' on it carry different weapons. I wish I (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

(...) black kind of take away from it - it's hard to pick details out. Cool greeblies tho. (...) the best. Neat idea - I need to do something like this. Hmmm.. -Chris (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

Hey nice, I like the way you show your MOC on your Web-Site, they look cool. I gotta say I'm nuts over your bots! really neat! Good work. e (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

(...) never trust those damn computers, they fight dirty (...) It looks so busy and powerful and yet sleek and compact. Trav (-|-) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

Hey, thanks Mark! Glad you liked the Skystreak. I'm a really big sucker for asymmetry, mostly because I don't have multiples of the same part, or don't want to bother looking for them. Thank's for the compliments, I can't wait for updated renders of (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

(...) Yeah, I always tend to build small, probabbly because I only have 1-2 years collection of gray and white. But I really like making neat and interesting things. (...) I think that might be the picture quality more then anything... my old (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

Thanks, Legomaster! Bots are always fun. I'm an amature website builder, but I still try to make it look cool. On a side note, the server bandwith appears to of been exceeded. I've uploaded the mail truck and Skystreak on brickshelf. The Skystreak (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

(...) Yup, they do. But I won! Fwahahah... (...) Thanks! That's what I intended. It started out as a study on the cockpit, but quickly grew into something bigger. I still wanted to preserve it's looks while adding stuff on. -JHK (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

Interesting stuff John....some good designs with a sense of practicality. Mail Truck: I dig space MOC that have a real life purpose. The stout shape of this one goes well with it's present day counterpart. Skystreak: This is definately on the right (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

(...) With my utilitarian MOCs, I wanted to represent a future version of a well-known vehicle today. The mail truck was fun to do. (...) Thanks for the critisisms! I think they shall be very usefull. My next model will be using this idea a lot. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

(...) Haha. Well John, you know all those people who responded to your thread about replying by saying that looking at how many hits a MOC gets is better than reading replies here? Well, I guess you got plenty of hits on these ones, because I've (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

(...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

(...) space colony. In fact, I can envision a hypothetical TLC sub-theme based completely on this style of building: "Future City 3000"!! ...And of course, my favorite part: Your use of the Futuron fig. :). On a more technical note, I like your use (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

(...) Future City 3000: That would be cool! :) Can't wait for TLC to do it... As long as it dosn't take that long... (...) Hey, that's a Cool Idea. (tm) Thanks for your compliment on the greeblies: I wanted a 'less is more' approach but I could not (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

At first I didn't think too much of the mailtruck, but on closer inspection some of its nice features came out. Gotta say I'm not a real fan of the Skystreak though. Might be the colors. Great to see you're makin' some cool bots. This is one of the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey

I've noticed that a few people have expressed dissatisfaction with the Skystreak. What don't you guys like about it? The color? The style? The greeblies? As I'm currently adding modules to it, I might as well redesign it with your help. Any feedback (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)