 Space / 19418
Re: Mail truck, Skystreak, and my 2002 bot odyssey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:31:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:
On a side note, the server bandwith appears to of been exceeded.  I've
uploaded the mail truck and Skystreak on brickshelf.  The Skystreak has
better pictures on # 3 and 4.  No bot odyssey, though.  :(

Mail truck:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Mailtruck/mail1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Mailtruck/mail2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Mailtruck/mail3.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Mailtruck/mail4.jpg

Sweet!  Another success!  This would make a perfect addition to any civilian
space colony.  In fact, I can envision a hypothetical TLC sub-theme based
completely on this style of building: "Future City 3000"!!  ...And of
course, my favorite part: Your use of the Futuron fig.  :).

On a more technical note, I like your use of greebles on this small MOC.
Not too many, not too few.  I like how they are not the same on each side
too.  The only thing I can think to change/add would be to use those
inverted- rounded-tile 2x2 pieces on the bottom (as was done with the old
seaport ships, and I think the Land Speeder too).  Those allow a playability
with hover vehicles, allowing them to glide along a play surface.  They
might also provide the illusion that the hover-truck was actually floating
over the surface a little.

Skystreak:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Skystreak/fighter1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Skystreak/fighter2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Skystreak/fighter3.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Skystreak/fighter4.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Skystreak/fighter5.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Skystreak/fighter6.jpg

The JHK-Style-Sleak-Model is growing!  This looks like it would make a nice
mid-range fighter-bomber, or perhaps a recon-gunship of sorts.  Just what a
growing fleet needs.  :)

I notice this MOC has some 1-pin click-hinge elements that appear to be used
as greebles.  Although that is a creative use (since one would normally
expect not to use only half of a hinge), I must ask whether this model could
be upgraded by adding more weapons/fuel cells/sensor arrays/etc. by linking
additional items to those hinges.  Whether that was your intention or not,
having them there does give the greebles an apparent purpose.  Very nice!

Great work John!

-Hendo