 Space / 17579
Re: More Artwork
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:24:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Jassim writes:
Greetings! After some more tinkering around with Photoshop, I came up with a
pretty neat galaxy:

Just curious: For those of you with Photoshop, would anyone be interested in
any of my "recipes" for the space images I've produced so far? If so, I'll
try to note the steps as I go along when I'm creating an image and post them
here with link to the pic. I'm still learning of course and any suggestions
for improvement are always welcome! :)

Greetings yourself!

I saw this on Brickshelf yesterday. Looks great! I too tried once to make a
spiral galaxy in Photoshop - let's just say that yours looks a lot better
than mine did [1].

I've gotta say that your recent pictures look great. Your Photoshop skills
have improved, and I just love how you photograph your models with a single
light source and deep shadows - they look very spacey.

I'm glad you've offered to share your secrets. I've been wondering how you
achieve the engine glow in pictures like this:

I've tried similar effects, but can never get the perspective right. I'd
love to know how you did it.

Thanks - Paul

[1] I eventually gave up trying to make my own galaxies, and have since had
quite a lot of fun playing with pictures of real galaxies as backgrounds. A
great source of photos has been:

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html