 Space / 17712
Re: More Artwork
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 17:27:06 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch writes:
"Daniel Jassim" <danieljassim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:H2KF41.9H1@lugnet.com...
Greetings! After some more tinkering around with Photoshop, I came up with • a
pretty neat galaxy:

Just curious: For those of you with Photoshop, would anyone be interested • in
any of my "recipes" for the space images I've produced so far? If so, I'll
try to note the steps as I go along when I'm creating an image and post • them
here with link to the pic. I'm still learning of course and any • suggestions
for improvement are always welcome! :)

Looks good Dan, one thing though: spiral galaxies don't occur with a single
spiral arm. In fact, to an astronomy geek like me it kinda didn't look that
much like a galaxy...  :-(

Hm, actually it does have two arms. It's just that one is a bit bigger and
brighter than the other. Look on the opposite side of the 'big' arm.

Galaxies either have two symmetrically opposed arms:

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0104/m51_hst_big.jpg

With this one you can easily tell because of the angle.

<snipped>
Cheers,
Paul