 Space / 15382
15381  |  15383
Subject:
Permant Build - shaft units
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 15:42:59 GMT

If we could agree a standard docking/locking port for our ships, this would
also make for way better photos when they come together at fests.  I won't
speculate on the design of the port myself (being more than happy to leave
that to our major space cadets) except to point out that it needs to be
something that any one can construct (reasonably commonly available pieces),
and thought needs to be given to how it might interface with the ship in at
least side top and bottom orientations.

there have been std airlock discussions for some time now
in .space.  Just search for 'standard airlock' and you'll
get most of them.  There is one that I like where the four
technic pins used to connect airlocks/dockingrings are
exactly in a square, so the dock can be arranged in any
of four cardinal orientations.  Unfortunately, I can't
find the link w/ the pics.

also,
I don't think we need to determine the shaft units specs
immediately.  once it is pinned down (now or later) you
just build it onto your existing module, and voila, you
are done.

-paul