 Space / 13933
RE: New Website, New MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:41:37 GMT

Brad Mittelstedt writes:
Anyways after coming out of the darkages, I started building
again.  But building without displaying what you have built
is .. well .. boring.  So for the past week I have been
working away on a new dynamic (dynamic meaning I do not have
to manually build each web page but rather make a few changes
in a config file here and there and walla, the magic happens)
web site using Javascript/CSS (no PHP easy road for me).

PHP would certainly be easier! I'm usually against using Javascript for
anything important, but you seem to pull it off pretty well.  Roughly 3%
of your visitors will see nothing at all though...

You seem to have mastered style sheets.  The overall look of the site is
quite pleasing, and you've used no images!

The web site is
http://members.cox.net/viffer
and the first MOC is the ASI-100 Shock Hawk, an Aeronautical/Space
Interceptor Fighter.

I like the design a lot.  The landing gear, hoses and other details look
good.  However, I think the winglets which attach the engines to the
fuselage look a bit flimsy.  Perhaps adding another wing, creating a
biplane look, would make them look stronger.  Or you could try to make
them thicker, but that would require a different design altogether.

BTW, in your "competition" section (cute name), you've got a couple
typos...first "Where not afraid to list them" should be "We're not
afraid to list them", and "Bran's LEGO Site" should be "Bram's LEGO
Site".  Oh, and Paul's not the only one who uses PHP :)  Kyle and I do
too.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu