 Space / 13932
Re: New Website, New MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:31:39 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jamie Neufeld writes:
Very good work Brad (even thought that comes from one of your "competitors")
:). I like the ship very much, nice and clean. I am looking forward to more
of your work.

Thanks!

The site also is very impressive. Again very clean. I did notice a few
broken images on your links and competitor page, but thats it.

Yeppers.  Knocking out the bugs as I see them.  By the end of the week, all the
visible boo-boos should be pretty much removed.  Need to fire up gimp and start
doing some more graphics work.

This is actually the second go around at the design.  The first go-around on
the web site design was to use pure static pages, and after seeing how labor
intensive it was going to be to add/remove/modify items, I saw in a heartbeat
that a more dynamic revision was going to be needed.  I am now a slave to the
Javascript. Releasing this now gives me not only the opportunity to use
everyone as beta testers, but finally make the site public.

I appreciate the comment on clean.  That is exactly what I am shooting for!
Once I get my FAQ up, you can read why. (I am anti-cookie, anti-spam,
anti-frames, anti-M$, etc)

Now if Lugnet would only validate my membership .......

So again, very nice work and welcome back from the dark ages.

Jamie
www.ozbricks.com/jneufeld

In lugnet.space, Brad Mittelstedt writes:
Hello everyone!  First of all this is my first post to lugnet.space, so
hello.

Anyways after coming out of the darkages, I started building again.  But
building without displaying what you have built is .. well .. boring.  So
for the past week I have been working away on a new dynamic (dynamic
meaning I do not have to manually build each web page but rather make a
few changes in a config file here and there and walla, the magic happens) web
site using Javascript/CSS (no PHP easy road for me).  There are quite a
few more things that I want to do to it, but time is hard to find.
Besides what I am releasing here today, I have three more MOC's I need to
photograph.

The web site is

http://members.cox.net/viffer

and the first MOC is the ASI-100 Shock Hawk, an Aeronautical/Space
Interceptor Fighter.

http://members.cox.net/viffer/dyn/product.html?product=asi_100&

Tell me what you think.