 Space / 13571
Re: Greetings!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 02:09:15 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeff Jardine writes:

I really like the ETV - functional and futuristic.

Thanks kindly Jeff!

I have been considering getting that polar set with the tracks, but the white wheels make me reluctant.  They don't look so bad with the all light gray vehicle.

I know. It's really a drawback to the piece, but if the rest of the colour
scheme compliments, I figure it can be passable.  My first thought was to
cover them with panzer-esque armour, but it just looked to busy with it. I
believe there are some hubs used in the upcoming SW 2002 sets....I hope some
of them are grey or d grey.

The caribou is interesting.  It reminds me of the TBM avenger (an American
WWII torpedo bomber) - it's blue, bulky, the pilot rides very high, there's a
bombardier, and there are what look like torpedos hanging from the fuselage.

Indeed one of the old ladies I used as a rough model, along with the US navy
Hellcat.

What do all those radar dishes do?

As a heavy atmosphere fighter, the dishes are a linked displacement array,
forcing the heavier, ionized atmosphere out of the way, allowing the craft
to achieve respectable speeds.

I think the transport is my favourite.

Funny actually....the Transport is my first major ship in oh...17 years.  It
started out as an update to the classic space transport, but sort of got
away from me and turned huge.  Oh well.

Cheers,
-G