 Space / 13519
Re: Greetings!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 16:11:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Hello!

Although I've been browsing LUGNET for the last year or so, this is my first
post.

  Welcome aboard!  Stick around!  Make some noise!

PLMKWYT

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Toradoch

  I love that ETV. Very, very nice and deceptively simple design.
  I have loads of those parts, so do you mind if I use it as inspiration?
  That transport's quite nice-looking--when the 2002 Lego Island sets
  hit, you can replace those yellow windscreens with trans-black ones,
  too!

  So tell us more about the storyline?

  best,

  LFB

Thanks for welcome Lindsay...happy to add my noise to the chorus!

Thanks for the kudos on the ETV. I feel it's my best effort of post 'dim
ages' (as Lego has always been in use, if only on paper at times, I can't
bring myself to acknowlege a true dark age).  As I was saying in my original
post and subsequent replies, it is all your designs that have inspired me
and brought the brick back to the forefront of my hobbies.  I owe you all a
debt.

By all means, whatever I have is open to you and anybody else to use....it's
the greatest compliment!!

Trans black wedge screen?!  Good news for 2002 indeed!

The storyline is still in it's formulative stages.  My thought is that I
would like to track the development of a group of minifigs that are
developing the first means of exo-solar travel.  The intial goal is to
create a drive that can achieve FTL (faster than light) travel.  The second
is to develop a ship for test flights to the outer reaches of their system.
The third is to incorporate it into an exploration ship for an extended
voyage.  The ETV is the first design for a rover that will be able to
explore these new worlds.

Once out there, I love the idea of finding archeological relics on other
worlds.  As a kid, I had a large picture book called 'Spacewrecks'.
Beautiful colour plates of derilict ships and failed colonizations with
elaborate histories.  I always wanted to create a theme around this.  The
Caribou was conceived as a model for a derilect found in the lower
atmosphere of a Jovian-class planet...a left over from an ancient war with
no winners.  Grand plans, but we'll see what happens!

Thanks again,
-G