 Space / 13507
  Greetings!

Hello! Although I've been browsing LUGNET for the last year or so, this is my first post. I would just like to say that many of the models I've seen referenced here are nothing less than spectacular. I could easily point out 2 dozen phenomenal (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

"Gil Shaw" <NIXtoradochSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GtpsnL.A72@lugnet.com... (...) first (...) Yo! Great stuff! Its gonna take me a while to absorb all the pics. I saw the caribou yesterday sometime. Thats a very unique ship. The ETV is (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) you. --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu www.bldesign.org (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Welcome aboard! Stick around! Make some noise! (...) I have loads of those parts, so do you mind if I use it as inspiration? That transport's quite nice-looking--when the 2002 Lego Island sets hit, you can replace those yellow windscreens with (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Welcome. <snip> (...) Um, Yeah. Your pictures are pretty darn good. Quite a bit better than some of mine. (...) Caribou - I like the feel of this one. The dishes are pretty neat. I like the slanted wings. I not so sure about the y-wing cockpit (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Many thanks Jon! Quite honestly, your creations have provided great inspirations to my building. Many of your models are summed up by the credo 'economy of design'....complete organic shapes that form function to purpose....the ETV is a direct (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Many thanks Bram! I hope I can provide! Cheers, -G (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Thanks for welcome Lindsay...happy to add my noise to the chorus! Thanks for the kudos on the ETV. I feel it's my best effort of post 'dim ages' (as Lego has always been in use, if only on paper at times, I can't bring myself to acknowlege a (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Jason, Glad to be here...nice place! Thanks for thoughts and praises. I agree with the SW cockpit on the back of the Caribou. Originally I wanted to put pipes, conduits and such below it to give it that techo-jumble feel, but I ran out of (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Then expect more compliments. :) (...) Yep. I saw two in the $50 skateboarding eXtreme set, due out in September (IIRC). (...) This is part of the reason I asked; I work on NEF (Near Earth Future) items as well (look back a ways for my TAU (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) This sounds like a true adventure. There is something about flying to the stars on a tin can and a hope that spurs the imagination. I also think that themes such as this demand a lot of the builder, trying to incorporate the machinery or (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

[snip] (...) Wow. That is some really cool looking stuff. I particularly like 'Scoot'. -Mike Petrucelli (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

Hi Gil! Wow! Great stuff you showed us, quite provocative and innovative. Welcome! Alexander (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

Welcome! You have some pretty good stuff here. The Caribou has a great nose, those dishes are neato. And the set up of the wings is pretty cool too. And like someone else siad, the cockpit at the rear does look a little outta place, but that's ok. (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) transport. All the models have unique shapes, though, and I look forward to seeing more of you stuff in the future. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

Many thanks Mike... Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

Thanks for the kudos Kyle....I'd be lying if I said there wasn't more than a little Keppler Industries in these models (MML comes immediately to mind). Love your site, the storyline and of course, KI's wonderful products! Indeed the engines on the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

Thanks Tony...I hope I'm able to keep up with the rest of you! Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

Thanks kindly Alexander! Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) I really like the ETV - functional and futuristic. I have been considering getting that polar set with the tracks, but the white wheels make me reluctant. They don't look so bad with the all light gray vehicle. The caribou is interesting. It (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Thanks kindly Jeff! (...) I know. It's really a drawback to the piece, but if the rest of the colour scheme compliments, I figure it can be passable. My first thought was to cover them with panzer-esque armour, but it just looked to busy with (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.space)