 Space / 13121
Re: Speaking of Classic Space, check out the Galaxy Cruiser!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 16:48:41 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
"Chris Giddens" <cgidd1@aol.com> wrote in message
Hello all,

Please check out my new MOC the Galaxy Cruiser.  It's the latest creation
from the Rainer Shipyard.  It is a long range explorer with 7 crew members
and 2 decks.  The main deck consists of the bridge, airlock, equipment • room,
galley, crew bunks, bathroom, access ladder, airlock, and Docking bay. • The
second deck consists of secondary control/science lab, captians quarters,
and engineering.

The bridge can separate for use as an explorer itself (secondary control
room is on the second deck).  In the docking bay you'll find a rover and a
space scooter for planetary exploration.  I'll post a pic by pic • description
later.

There's also a refuel truck in the pics too.

Please let me know what you think!

Chris <><

You did a great job on this chris.   Lots of great pictures.  Its so fun to
spend a lot of time looking at pics of a model like this.

It has a nice combination of old and new school building.  Old, obviously
with the color scheme and the classic large gray wing and blue body
structure-- but it also incorporates a lot of the playability from classic
space.  The play factor to me is very important in a CS style model and its
harder to nail down then one might think.  The bridge with its quarter domes
shows off new school building very well.

In my opinion combining the best of both styles is one of the best ways to
make any good model.

That giant CS logo is awesome!!

Excellent work.  A classic.

LONG LIVE CLASSIC SPACE!!!

Thanks Jon!  Is she shipyard worthy? :-)  I meant to give a shout out to the
Grand Admiral for the logos.  I printed them from his site and cut them out.
Thanks Mark!

Chris <><

-Jon